Leave a Comment / Blog / By kaulgudclassespune
JEE Main 2024 will be conducted in two sessions.
Session 1 of JEE Main 2024 is scheduled to start from January 24, 2024. This highly sought after engineering entrance exam is one of the most challenging exams that aspiring candidates are required to crack. However, cracking a competitive exam like JEE Main requires a combination of intensive preparation, strategic planning and consistent effort.
However, getting it wrong in the preparation stage can ruin your engineering career dreams. Here are some of the major mistakes that JEE aspirants should avoid to score above average marks.
10 Common IIT JEE 2024 Mistakes and How to Fix Them
- Skipping the basics: Don’t underestimate the power of a strong foundation! Focus on fundamental concepts in physics, chemistry and mathematics before moving on to complex topics. Think of it as building a stronger house – you wouldn’t want to leave bricks, right?
- Ignoring the magic of NCERT: These textbooks are your golden ticket to JEE success. They explain concepts clearly, offer relevant practice questions, and even have some that lead directly to the exam! Treat them like your BFFs and master them from the inside out.
- One-size-fits-all learning: Every brain learns differently. Experiment with different study techniques like flashcards, mind maps, group discussions, or online videos to find out what makes your neurons fire.
- Afraid of Brutal Chapters: Don’t run away from those challenging chapters! Yes, they are difficult, but overcoming them can increase your score significantly. Face them head on with extra practice and guidance from teachers or friends.
- Wander outside the walls: Stick to the JEE syllabus like glue! Studying irrelevant topics is a waste of valuable time and energy. Focus on mastering the designated areas and you’ll be well prepared for anything that comes up on the exam.
- Ignoring the past: Previous years papers are your crystal ball in the world of JEE. Solving them in time bound situations helps you understand the exam pattern, types of questions and even manage your time effectively on the big day.
- Underestimating the power of mock tests: Think of mock tests as a dress rehearsal for the real deal. Take them regularly, analyze your mistakes and work on your weak areas. These tests will build your confidence and stamina for the final sprint.
- Stress? We don’t know that: JEE preparation can be stressful, but don’t let it overwhelm you. Practice relaxation techniques like yoga or meditation, maintain a healthy sleep schedule, and talk to friends or family when things get tough. A calm mind is a concentrated mind!
- Negative Nancy’s Don’t Matter: Avoid negativity like the plague! Surround yourself with positive people who believe in you. And most importantly, believe in yourself! A positive attitude can be the difference between success and failure.
- The “Last Minute Cramming” Curse: Don’t try to cram everything in the night before the exam! This is a recipe for disaster. Stick to your revision schedule, get a good night’s sleep and go into the exam feeling refreshed and focused.